You are a problem solver and dreamer who builds empathy, defines the problem, ideates, prototypes, tests, and repeats this process creating a world-class experience for our users.
You are a design thinker who puts the user at the center of everything you do. As a Senior User Experience Designer here at PLAYY, your responsibility is to bring industry tested best practices alongside innovative and fresh thinking to drive conversion and average time on site. You effectively bridge business objectives with target users goals, desires and preferences. You thrive in a fast paced environment with limited oversight and bring an articulate point of view to collaborative conversations. You quickly research, strategize, design, prototype, and test your thinking and understand how to adapt your design based on insights gleaned from user testing.
Senior UX Designers help inform concepts and develop innovative solutions for key touchpoints in the experience. They are self-motivated and bring a strategic point of view to our clients about the opportunities and value your UX solutions provide. You understand how to design for accessibility and are versed in different testing methodologies. You apply design thinking and design execution together to create comprehensive prototypes that clearly articulate your point of view to the client.
We’re looking for people that can think about the big picture and love defining strategy and architecture as much as layouts and interactions. Just like the other positions we are looking to fill, we’re looking for people that want to set standards regarding how people should be interacting with digital experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate and develop concepts and strategies with our client project leads
- Iterate and design new and existing solutions with a predefined design language and system
- Present you thinking and ideas clearly and effectively
- Implement and define UX best practices based on research findings
- Developing presentations for stakeholders and internal workshares
- Developing prototypes for research testing
- Quickly articulate design responses for fire drills, with help of design lead
- Generate and write comprehensive annotations for handoff and delivery
- Design QA
- Asset creation and kitting
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of digital strategy, user experience, and design systems
- The ability to multitask and solve challenges with a multidisciplinary team
- A solid point-of-view and a collaborative nature
- The desire to start with pen and paper instead of a mouse
- A design aesthetic with an attention to detail that’s a bit obsessive
- In-depth understanding for the web, best practices, and accessibility
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Passion for our craft… design, creativity, technology
- Communicate effectively one-on-one, within large groups, and over video conferencing platforms.
- Collaborate, provide, receive and seek critical feedback, and share inspiration with a large and cohesive team of over 40 individuals from different backgrounds and disciplines.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Set goals and maintain priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Propose and develop solutions within scope to address client needs.
- Act in a professional manner while working in a creative culture.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility, follow-through, and project ownership by completing tasks on-time, above expectations, and within budget.
- Express confidence in your skills but remain humble, hungry, and free of ego.
- Proven ability to accurately estimate task and project timelines, and promptly notify team-members and producers if time or scope may exceed given estimates.
- Dedicate time to understand tasks, feedback and decisions being made. Ask questions and provide feedback to ensure informed and optimal decision making.
- Recognize the need for patience and compromise when a client has multiple decision-makers and multiple stakeholders.
What you’ll get:
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
- Amazing clients to work with.
- A team that works hard, has fun and loves a challenge.