You are an artist with a passion for providing direction to provide high-quality content for one of PLAYY® major clients,
The Senior Art Director is an integral part of the PLAYY team and helps to provide support to one of its major clients. You work with a large team located in Mumbai and are ready to contribute by doing whatever it takes to meet and even exceed the client's needs. Your work sparks an emotional feeling that drives consideration and moves people. You have an eye for detail and a vision that’s expressive and unique. You execute with the appropriate mix of commercial and editorial and know what it takes to build brands through completing content. You are a natural storyteller who is design focused, detail-oriented, excellent at collaborating and multitasking, and eager to be part of a team that makes things come to life.This special someone will regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment and enjoys all aspects of content art direction including storytelling, lighting, styling, production, design, UX thinking, collaboration, conceptual direction, and execution. You not only understand how to guide the vision, narrative, and art direction behind the content but know how to ensure it will be successful across various mediums including eCommerce, social, print, and more. You’ll be helping us art direct and produce product content, lifestyle content and branded content for our clients, and working with the team to implement the assets into beautiful and meaningful experiences.In your role, you will report to the Associate Creative Director of Content, who will drive the strategy and direction for all content needs across verticals. You will support the strategic goals of the company by focusing on the success of these activities and assisting with meeting the short and long-term objectives of the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a team of 20+ creatives, working onsite in Mumbai and interact with a larger team of 40+ talented people.
- Contribute to the direction for various large-scale digital projects including websites, branding, and campaigns, by concepting and art directing photography and film content.
- Assist in all phases of creative work from shaping larger narratives to overseeing the smallest creative and production details.
- Art direct and support content, creative, and production teams to create still images, videos, gifs, brand and digital campaigns, presentations and more.
- Pull together mood boards, shoot lists, props, and location. Obsess over all details that create the visuals of the content.
- Work on set providing art direction, lighting, and styling direction and doing whatever necessary to execute studio and lifestyle content for one of the best brands on earth.
- Provide guidance to retouch teams and photography teams to ensure they’re executing upon the vision and the needs of our client.
- Work closely and in conjunction with the design teams to make sure the business strategy and overall design of the page is at the forefront of all content.
- Ensure animations and motion designs are produced to client standards..
- Work with evolving processes, solving problems by being optimistic and proactive.
- Collaborate to ensure that the company’s services and products always exceed the clients’ expectations.
- Work across all departments of PLāYY, the client, and other stakeholders to achieve the desired results and meet the objectives of the company.
- Support and grow in the role by actively seeking out and proposing ideas to better improve company operations.
- Take on other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you’ll bring:
- Able to use excellent communication skills and creative inspiration to collaborate with a large but cohesive team of over 40 individuals from different backgrounds and disciplines.
- Capabilities to execute test shoots in both the studio as well as lifestyle shoots.
- An attitude to do whatever it takes to get the job done, including multi-tasking and solving problems.
- Ability to lead internal teams, accept feedback, and pivot where necessary.
- An open and curious mind in all areas of creative and design work and the ability to remain positive and flexible even in the most challenging of situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and a very high level of attention to detail.
- High level of ability to set goals and priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Able to act in a professional manner while working in a creative culture.
- Dedicates time to understand the requested task, or feedback and decisions being made. Isn’t afraid to ask questions to ensure clarity for informed decision making.
- Communicates effectively one-on-one as well as presenting to large groups.
- Must be able to travel for business purposes approximately 15% or less of the time. If the employee drives his/her personal automobile for agency business, they must have a valid driver’s license and comprehensive automobile insurance coverage, as required by law.
- Knowledge, communicative and analytical skills equivalent to those normally obtained through receipt of a Bachelor's Degree in a design, photography, visual arts or a related field, or equivalent years of additional related professional experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of agency or retail experience art directing photography and video content.
- Strong knowledge of photography and video art direction, retouching direction, production, visual design, brand development, and the creative process.
- Background in lifestyle, interior, product, and studio art direction. Some knowledge of CGI preferred.
- Knowledge of Figma and/or Sketch preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
- Amazing clients to work with.
- Dogs to pet and things to drink.
- A team that works hard, has fun and loves a challenge.